Thursday, October 08, 2009

Disappointed at Blood Donation Center

Today after a long time I went to a Blood Donation Center. But there I came to know that I am not an eligible donor. According to FDA rules I have to stay here in US for three consecutive years to be eligible. That sucks. But I think FDA is right. They seems to have lots of different restrictions based on donor's previous geological, medical, habitual history. Well I don't think I won't be staying in US for three consecutive years. So no luck on donating in US.

Note to thyself - Donate when I visit my home country.

2 comments:

Sell Blood said...

As we all know Blood bank shortages kill tons of people all the time. Let's spread the word about paid blood donation, give blood and we can save lives. If your looking for a blood donation center you can visit the bloodbanker.com they have all the information that you want to know.

Arif Siddiquee said...

Yes I know about the blood bank shortage. But IMHO selling blood is definitely not the right way. As I mentioned in my post, FDA does have solid reasons for not allowing people to donate.